Disability Awareness in Sport Course 27th April, Linden Lodge, Wandsworth
The course is a theoretical disability awareness training with immediate practical application into schools and clubs. It is suitable for community workers, sports leaders, teachers and club members who want to involve people with disabilities in their sport, PE, club sessions.
What the course delivers...
- Understand the different types of disabilities
- How to include disabled people in sport by adapting and modifying a coaching session (practical session)
- Exploring different coaching styles and communication awareness needed for each disability group.
- Examine social attitudes towards disabled people
- Explore the current barriers to access and integration of disabled people within your school sports and clubs.
- Disability legislation- what it is and what it means
- Overview of Paralympic Sports and other international disability sporting events.
Venue: Linden Lodge, 61 Princes Way, Wimbledon Park, London SW19 6JB
Date: 27/04/2012 - 27/04/2012
Time: 11:30- 15:30
Cost: £41.25 pp including 25% DISCOUNT through the Mayors Legacy Fund
Booking Requesting Closing Date: 25/04/2012
Contact Name: Timea Pencz
Contact Organisation: Disability Sports Coach Ltd
Contact Tel: 07772 677 259
Contact Email: Timea@disabilitysportscoach.co.uk
For more info or to book a place please email Timea@disabilitysportscoach.co.uk or call Timea on 07772 677 259.