Health & Fitness Team Leader
- Title: Health & Fitness Team Leader
- Type: Managerial
- Employer: The London Borough of Newham
- Salary: PO2-£30,681-£33,177
We are looking for a committed and innovative professional to join our Sports and Activity Team. Initially you will lead our Healthy Activity Team, currently responsible for:
• Managing, developing and delivering Newham’s exercise referral programme in partnership with the Newham Primary Care Trust
• Assisting with the delivery and development of physical activity programmes, establishing a series of targeted interventions
• Pro-actively develop and assist with the delivery of community physical activity programmes.
You will lead the team’s involvement in these programmes, ensuring that they operate efficiently, including providing
performance information to demonstrate that they meet the high standards set by Newham Council.
You will contribute to the development of the Sports and Activity Team, linking programmes across the service as well as to the wider
Council and Primary Care Trust vision.
You will have the ability to step back from day-to-day issues to ensure that healthy activity programmes are developed in line with the Council’s Healthy Living and Sport Strategy.
You will need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to work with a wider range of health, sports and activity partners,
external funders and a diverse range of community stakeholders in Newham.
If you are a committed individual with a drive for continual improvement, change management and customer service you will thrive in our new dynamic team.
Special Instructions: Closing date: 21 August 2009.
Interviews: September 2009.
Please quote ref: CC48453A.
Closing Date: 21.08.2009
Contact: For more information and to apply go to
or tel: 020 8430 2190