- Title: Head Coach
- Type: Coach / Instructor / Activity Leader
- Employer: Broomfield Park Swimming Club
- Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Head Coach who will have the necessary skills to co-ordinate and oversee the teaching and coaching of all our swimmers, which will build on our success and move us to the next level. The successful applicant will be expected to direct a team of coaches and teachers as well as personally coach the senior squads.
Broomfield Park Swimming Club is a competitive and family swimming club based in Barnet, North London. Our “home pools” for training are Queen Elizabeth Boys School Barnet and Queen Elizabeth Girls School Barnet. We have approximately 270 members encompassing all ages from learn to swim, local, county, regional, adult development and masters. We are a registered charity and adopt an ‘all comers welcome’ approach to membership.
Candidates must hold a minimum ASA Level 2 qualification and be working towards Level 3. The successful applicant will have a proven track record as a swimming coach.
Head Coach main duties will include:
• Develop, organise, implement and co-ordinate the entire Club’s coaching and teaching programme to ensure all swimmers are given the opportunity to maximise their potential
• Personal coaching of the senior squads to prepare swimmers for Borough, County and Regional and competitions.
• Development of the Club as we work towards Swim21 accreditation to ensure continued success as a Competitive swimming club at all levels and ensure continued introduction of competitive swimmers from learn to swim.
• Introduce with the help of all coaches and teachers an individual swimming plan for all swimmers in all squads
• Effectively lead and develop the existing team of coaches, teachers and poolside assistants so as to ensure that they are effective and kept up to date with developments in swimming.
• Attending major competitions and open meets to support Club swimmers.
• Ensure that the choice of galas and swimming leagues adequately reflect the needs of all swimmers throughout the Club.
Closing Date: 31.07.2011