ACTIVE HEALTH COORDINATOR (REPS Level 4) with onedeepbreath & Arsenal in the Community
- Title: ACTIVE HEALTH COORDINATOR (REPS Level 4) with onedeepbreath & Arsenal in the Community
- Type: Coach / Instructor / Activity Leader
- Employer: onedeepbreath/Arsenal FC
- Salary: £25,667 P.A. plus benefits
onedeepbreath is looking to recruit a REPS trained (Level 4) exercise professional to play a crucial role to play in ensuring an exercise referral scheme in north London is delivered efficiently and effectively.
In partnership with Arsenal in the Community and NHS Islington, onedeepbreath will provide a range of appropriate group activities to increase physical activity levels amongst the target population to prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease and improve management of selected conditions exacerbated by inactivity and where relevant, reduce weight.
The Exercise Professional will need to be experienced in providing health and well being among sedentary individuals with selected low risk medical conditions through a programme of physical activity.
• Contact Health Care Professionals (‘Referrers’)
• Check appropriateness of referral
• Call referrals to book into programme
• Ensure patient is consulted and encouraged to take responsibility for their health and physical activity
• Co-ordinate assessment days at Emirates Stadium (every 15 days)
• Manage team of specialist sports coaches and exercise professionals
• Conduct appropriate pre-exercise assessments
• In consultation with the patient, agree an exercise programme, which matches their health status, needs and preferences for a defined period of time (8 weeks)
• Monitor patient progress and review the patient’s exercise programme
• Motivational interviews and personal incentives
• Identify dropouts and pass on to support team for follow-up
• Ensure the team is kept informed of the patient’s progress (VIEWS database)
• Ensure confidentiality of patient information
• Facilitate long-term support for patients to maintain increases in physical activity
• Linking Arsenal in the Community, NHS and onedeepbreath
Special Instructions: The Exercise Professional will be representing Arsenal in the Community (branded Arsenal kit) to manage a range of multi-sports activities with appropriate support and increase the patientsí knowledge and change behaviours in relation to physical activity. The role will be primarily based at Arsenal in the Community (Emirates Stadium) but will need to be flexible to travel across the borough at various community venues and spend days in NHS (Upper Street N1) and onedeepbreath (Clapham SW4) office.
Salary: £25,667 per annum (+ benefits)
Contract starts: 13th February 2012
Closing Date: 03.02.2012
Contact: Contact: Steve Jamieson, onedeepbreath email@example.com (0207 498 2040)