Cricket Development Officers (3 posts available)
- Title: Cricket Development Officers (3 posts available)
- Type: Sports / Community Development Officer
- Employer: Essex County Cricket Board
- Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 pa + benefits
Following a major restructuring of the England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) funding into the recreational and development game, the Essex County Cricket Board will be recruiting three further Cricket Development Officers to strengthen its operation across the county.
The successful candidates will join an existing team and will operate in one of the five District Board areas in Essex, taking responsibility for the delivery of a long term strategic plan for cricket in their designated area. They will also work closely with their colleagues from the other districts to deliver an integrated county wide development program.
The Cricket Development Officers will work in conjunction with the County Cricket Board to manage and be accountable for the integrated delivery of a single long term strategic plan for cricket in their respective Districts.
School development will include the overseeing of coaching, inset days and competitions.
Club development will include the overseeing of focus clubs, club mark clubs, integrated IT management system (CBMS) and club development planning process. District development will include the overseeing of trials, coaching, adult & youth indoor & outdoor competitions. Other responsibilities will include facilities, Grant Aid and Chance to Shine across the District.
For this role, it would be an advantage if you have experience of Cricket / Sports Development at grass roots level and have a sound knowledge, appreciation and understanding of the game as well as experience of dealing with the Education Sector, Voluntary Sport Sector and / or Local Authorities and Coach Sport Partnerships.
You will be a self-starter with energy and enthusiasm together with good administration and organisational skills. Equally you will be an excellent communicator with a passion for the development of Cricket / Sport for young people. Good IT skills with the ability to build partnerships with voluntary workers and external agencies will be key to this role.
The principal duties are:
• Responsible for school development including coaching, inset days and competitions.
• Responsible for club development including focus clubs, club mark clubs, CBMS and club development planning process.
• Responsible for district development including trials, coaching, adult & youth indoor & outdoor competitions.
• Line-manage full and part time staff if required.
• Day to day administration in development.
• Responsible for all development issues in the allocated District.
• Responsible for facilities in the allocated District.
• Responsible for Grant Aid in the allocated District.
• Responsible for Chance to Shine in the allocated District.
• Working closely with volunteers in the allocated District.
• Working with local authorities.
• Working with other sporting bodies.
• Working with the recreational game.
• Working closely with the performance structure.
The Development Officer will report directly to the Essex County Cricket Board Development Manager
Closing Date: 25.08.2007
Contact: If you are interested in the above position please send CV to: Jeni Rosier, Cricket Operations Secretary, Essex County Cricket Club, The Ford County Ground, New Writtle Street, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0PG