Community Sports Coaches
- Title: Community Sports Coaches
- Type: Coach / Instructor / Activity Leader
- Employer: Lambeth Council/ Sports Action Zone
- Salary: £20,000 pa plus benefits and expenses
In conjunction with our partners, we are looking to appoint two Community Sports Coachs (full-time, 37 hours per week) to work in the London Borough of Lambeth, starting as agreed, initially for a fixed term of 18 months (until 20th March 2010).
Lambeth Council and the SAZ are committed to equal opportunities and encourages applications from all members of the community.
About the job:
- To deliver quality coaching opportunities to young people in the 8-25 age group in local schools, community and/ or club settings in Lambeth.
- To introduce leadership skills to young people.
- To take a professional approach in the planning, preparation and organisation of coaching sessions.
- To maintain a comprehensive schedule of coaching as established and administerd by Lambeth Council and the SAZ.
- To support the development of other volunteer coaches working across our partner networks in the community.
- To enter into a programme of Continuous Professional Development.
- Is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure.
- Will have experience of coaching children and young people.
- Must have coaching qualifications (minimum Level 1/ preferred Level 2).
- Be committed to Continuous Professional Development.
- Be committed to Equal Opportunities.
- Preferably hold a current driving licence.
For key competencies and more information, please see the CSC Lambeth Football word document attached.
Special Instructions: Candidates can apply by application form which can be obtained from Nilgun Direncay (details below). Please submit completed applications to: 103 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8UL.
Closing Date: 09.01.2009
Contact: Nilgun Direncay, 020 7202 6900/ Nilgun.Direncay@southbanklondon.com