So what are Sport Makers?
Sport Makers, quite simply, make sport happen.
Some do it informally with their friends, neighbours or colleagues. They might organise a kickabout with their mates or a weekly game of tennis with their work colleagues.
Others don’t take part themselves. Instead, they do all the other things that make sport possible, like organising a sports event for their village or managing a team of race volunteers.
Becoming a Sport Maker will give you the knowledge, information and connections to help you make sport happen. You will be one of 40,000 like-minded people who are making a difference to their communities.
You’ll be helping to deliver the official London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games sporting legacy, Places People Play, by inspiring more people to play sport. And you’ll be having a good time doing it.
How do I get involved?
Becoming a Sport Maker is easy. Here’s what you have to do:
- Sign up - By giving us your details, you aren’t committing to anything. It simply means the Sport Makers team can send you relevant information. We promise not to pass your details on to anyone else.
- You come to a Sport Makers event - Once registered, you have your own account where you can see Sport Makers events local to you. Our events are full of inspiration and knowledge for you to make sport happen. You’ll learn sport making skills, meet new sporty friends, talk to sporting organisations who can help your efforts and you might even meet a genuine Olympian. Oh, and you’ll get some free Adidas kit for your troubles too!
- You make sport happen - Now you have all the tools you need to make sport happen. Log in to your account to find lots of useful resources to support you as you encourage your friends or colleagues to play sport. Or you might want to take up an opportunity with a sports organisation – log in to find details of many great roles with local and national clubs and events.
- Record your hours - Once you get started, log in and tell us how many hours you’ve done. Record 10 hours and you’re officially a Sport Maker!
Why become a Sport Maker?
- Play more of the sports you enjoy - This is your chance to keep active through sport and to help others get involved too.
- Do what you want, when you want, how you want - You choose which sports you get involved in, who you make it happen for and when you do it.
- It’s rewarding - through Sport Makers, you can give something back to the community. By helping more people play sport, you’ll feel a great sense of achievement for your efforts.
- Learn new skills, make new friends - With Sport Makers, you’ll learn lots of new skills that you can add to your CV, so it’s sure to help your career. We’ll hook you up with sporting organisations and clubs and you’ll meet other Sport Makers - some of whom may end up being friends for life!
- Join in with London 2012 - You’ll be part of the official London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic legacy. Inspired by the Games and their values, you will be part of an army of 40,000 Sport Makers who’ll help create new opportunities for lots more people to play sport.
- Get free stuff - At Sport Makers events you’ll receive free Adidas Sport Makers gear and you might meet an Olympian too!
Start your Sport Maker journey today by clicking on the Sport Makers logo below and signing up now! Or please contact your PRO-ACTIVE Sport Makers Lead - find out who to contact by clicking here.