Sport Makers – making sport happen in London
Sport Makers is a national Olympic and Paralympic legacy programme to support hundreds of thousands of new hours of grassroots sport across the country.
Simply put, a Sport Maker is someone who makes sport happen and this programme is all about finding more people to help increase the amount of activity going on.
To get involved in the programme all you need to do is:
- Visit www.sportmakers.co.uk to sign up and create a quick profile
- Sign up and attend a short workshop where you'll find out more about the scheme and what to do next (and you will also receive your adidas polo shirt and goodie bag!)
- Log the hours that you complete – once you complete 10 hours of volunteering you can win goodies ranging from shopping vouchers to tickets to attend sporting events
The next workshops in London are:
- Thursday 26th July at London South Bank University, Southwark
- Monday 20th August at the Emirates Stadium, Islington
- Wednesday 29th August at Camden Town Hall, Camden