Join In 18th & 19th August
- One weekend in August.
- One celebration of grassroots sports.
- One golden opportunity for every sports club in the UK.
On 18/19th August (the first weekend after the Olympics and before the Paralympics), Join in Local Sport will encourage the nation to head down to where it starts for every great champion – their local sports club.
The aim of Join In is for every sports club in the UK to put on a special event or activity on the weekend of 18/19th August – capturing the enthusiasm for sport that we know the Games will generate.
Whether you want to sign up more members, supporters or volunteers, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attract local people who may never have come to your club before and Join In will help you to do it.
What’s in it for my club?
Join In events should be low-cost and simple to run – and our team will help you with ideas, support and practical advice to help plan your day. Here are just a few benefits for your club:
- More people – What would you do with a few more pairs of hands… or feet? Whether you need more players, helpers out or supporters, our goal is to get as many local people as you would like to turn up, take part and join in at your club.
- Higher profile – Clubs that host an event will benefit from our extensive marketing, social media and PR expertise. We’ll ensure that as many people as possible know about your event – including local and regional press. Your club and event will also be featured on the Join In website.
- Building for the future – What does your club need? A Join In event could help you to reach new and diverse members, or local people who have skills and knowledge that will strengthen your club – not just this summer but for years to come.
It couldn’t be easier to Join In. Simply visit www.joininuk.org and say who you are. Join in will then be in touch with support on how to create your event. If you’d prefer to speak to someone on the phone, please call: 020 7006 7466.
How will your club benefit from this Olympic summer of sport?
Follow on Twitter: @joininuk