NGB Engagement Day 2010
NGB Engagement Day 2010
The Pro-Active London Partnerships held a London wide event for NGBs and Local Authorities on Tuesday, 27 April 2010 at City Hall.
42 National Governing Bodies and 29 Local Authorities attended.
The presentation from the day are available to download here.
The main outcomes for the event were:
o To respond to the requests for more detailed information relating to NGB WSPs
o To present a London wide picture identifying NGBs who are targeting London for delivery
o For Local Authorities to increase their knowledge of NGB plans including; high level objectives, priorities and resources (financial and other) for the period 2009-13 including what this means for delivery in London.
o To build relationships between the PRO-ACTIVE Partnerships, NGBs and Local Authorities.
o To provide a ‘springboard’ for Local Authorities and NGBs to hold more in-depth planning discussions as a consequence of attending this event.
Those with representation on the day were:
o The Greater London Authority
o Sport England
o London Councils
o Representatives from 29 London Boroughs
o Representatives from 42 Sport England funded sports
o YST and the school club links work strand leaders representing PDMs
o Sports Coach UK
o Skills Active
Format of the Day
1. Welcome and introduction
2. Role of the CSP in brokering relationships for Local Authorities including the NGB engagement process and timeframes
3. Setting the scene broadly identifying NGBs that want to work in London
4. Presentations from a defined number of NGBs (no more than 2) ready to deliver in London (10 minutes):
a. Present on their 2009-13 objectives briefly at a very high level
b. How WSP translates to London
c. Geographical priorities – sub-regional and borough (if/where applicable)
d. How they prioritised and why
e. What level of engagement expected if not a priority area and how can development of the sport be supported if not identified as a geographical priority
f. Time scales for delivery
g. Resources available e.g. time, personnel, money
5. 15 minute question time as part of the presentation
6. Presentation from Local Authority (Fiona Miley Newham regarding brokering of local relationships and building sustainable partnerships with NGBs through Local Authorities)
7. Presentation from GLA regarding the Mayor’s Funding
1. Working lunch available throughout the afternoon session
2. 15 minute sessions with NGBs and Local Authorities. One-to-one discussions to aide planning discussions
3. Informal networking